Part of the remodel of our bungalow, a built in cabinet and bench system leading out onto the south facing side of the house via French doors. Details:
- 12'long, 36" high cabinet tops, 18" bench with angled back.
- Finish is Watco Danish Oil.
- Frame&Panel construction atop birch ply carcass.
- laminated quartersawn pieces for the cabinet tops using breadboard ends, 7/8" thick
- Seat back and sides milled from doug fir sent here from my dad up in the Seattle area. Tree came down in a bad wind storm some years ago and he had it milled on site. had a few nice planks for me to use.
- Rest of the wood came from reclaimed doug fir that I scrounged around for. Urban Ore and Earthsource Lumber
- I'd never done built in work so had no idea how much fun it was to match up the theoretical straight boards with the empirical geometry of a 1911 bungalow.
Some drawer pull ideas I had. Ended up using the ones integrated into the drawer front
The blum hinges work really well. Thanks Tim for lending my your 35mm forstner bit :-)